Last week (August 11-16)
- Considerable progress was made on the installation of drywall in the new lower level rooms.
- Existing steam radiators have been removed and hot water pipes are being installed for the new system. New heaters should be installed by November.
- On Saturday, a 200-foot crane was brought in that enabled structural engineers to inspect the steeple. The engineers found some cracks and are preparing a report on the extent and seriousness of the damage.
- Selection of paint, tile, and countertops was completed. To be finalized is the selection of millwork for a lower level conference room and for the new front desk.
- Drywall installation and hot water pipe work listed above will continue.
- On Saturday, August 23, a crane will arrive on 15th Street to load HVAC equipment onto the roof.
- Workers from the Otis Elevator Company will be onsite this week to start elevator installation work.
- By Homecoming Sunday on September 7, water and electrical connections will be provided for a new Pierce Hall coffee machine (hurrah!).
Keep up to date with all aspects of the Third Century Challenge project.